Welcome!

Hi, and welcome to the This Has to be God! blog! We're pretty amazed at what God is doing in our lives, starting with pulling together a lyricist from Texas and a musician from Romania to write songs for His glory. If you want to read the whole story of how we "met" and got started, you can click the "in the beginning" label down to the right. Or just click here.
Of course, we love feedback! You can leave a comment on any post on the blog, or you can e-mail us at thishastobeGod@psalm686.com.
Enjoy the blog, and may God richly bless you!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Why Me?

Hey, y'all! This is Haley. I keep coming across these verses that seem so perfect for me right now! The other day, I was reading back over our story in these posts and I couldn't help but wonder: why me? Why would God choose to use me as a vessel to communicate His message to the world? I'm just an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life. I just serve an extraordinary God! As I was pondering all this, I read this verse in a "verse of the day" e-mail I get:

2 Corinthians 4:6-7
For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

The answer to my question, "why me?" is just this--because God. Because God wanted to use me. Because God called me, chose me. Because God loves to use "earthen vessels"--ordinary, everyday people--to show His extraordinary love. Because that way, it is clear that all the excellence is God alone.

Why me? Because God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment--we love to get feedback! Please note that comment moderation has been enabled, so your comment will not appear until it's been approved by one of us.
God bless you!